Springer Nature is launching the new multidisciplinary open access journal AI Perspectives.
Artificial intelligence is increasingly becoming an applied technology, but basic and applied have to pursue hand in hand. Consequently, AI Perspectives will put a special focus on revealing how applied and basic research influence each other and how application can trigger new questions for basic research.
AI Perspectives welcomes reports on innovative applications of artificial intelligence in order to aid the rapid transfer of new technologies and AI methods from a research to a real world application setting, while at the same time asking the authors to carve out what the theoretical foundations of their work are and how the application of these foundations shaped new research questions.
The scope will be non-limiting, covering the application of AI in industry, healthcare, transport, education, social sciences and humanities, business and economics, with a deliberately inclusive scope that will evolve as the field develops.
In addition, this journal will focus on integrated AI and outline issues that arise for ethical responsibility through artificial intelligence in the digital age and how to address these challenges on a theoretical side.
A high priority of the journal is to guarantee an excellent publication quality and a strict selection process. These aims are insured by recruitments of highly reputable, international academics and industrialists as editorial board members.
Editor in chief: Prof. Dr. rer. Nat. Dr. h.c. Frank Kirchner:
“The main challenge for AI in the next decade will be integration. We must study and ultimately understand how to integrate the various areas of AI (from Reasoning to DeepLearning and Robotics) into systems that serve mankind for the better and that are transparent in their design and application.“
- AI perspectives will cover the application of AI in industry, healthcare, transport, education, social sciences and humanities and business and economics.
- Strict high-level selection process to ensure an excellent publication quality.
- Publication of innovative applications of artificial intelligence with focus on:
- an in-depth description how basic research enabled the application
- how applied research triggers new questions for basic research
- how integration of various AI Methods in application can be achieved
- Interaction of data driven vs. model driven AI system oriented and integrated research.
- Focus on responsibility/ethics of AI
- Explainability and transparency
- Machine perception and multi-modal sensing
- Autonomous vehicles
- Intelligent and cooperative interacting robots
- Speech recognition and language use
- Cyber-physical systems, hybrid teams and Industry 4.0
- Knowledge representation
- Medical diagnosis and rehabilitation robots
- Process improvement and AI strategies for digital businesses
- AI in legal and Fintech industries
- Internet of Things
- Regulation and ethics